Wals' Hi-banker Specifications

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WalnLiz

Wal nLiz
Reaction score
Please note that the proportions for this hi-banker are pretty important to get the correct water speed for the catchment areas. The banker pictured is a combo set up for gold as well as Sapphires. If you're chasing Gold only use a sloped expanded mesh.

1368000060_dsc_7598_536x800.jpg

1368000129_dsc_7588_536x800.jpg

1368000272_img_0001_800x566.jpg
1368000297_img_0002_800x566.jpg
1368000321_img_0003_566x800.jpg

1368445544_publication1.jpg

1368000379_img_0005_566x800.jpg

High Banker Species.

I have invited the "Canberra Connection" to drop over personally to inspect the banker and clarify any questions they may have.

For the many inquiries I have received, I've decided to put up some detailed measurements as a few are getting the proportions wrong, and are having to make amendments.

Keep to these proportions.... If you want, you can make it shorter by leaving the forward grid out. (Gemstone only section). Make sure you leave the skid area at the back of the box at least 500 mm long, to gather enough water speed for vortexes to form at the first riffles. My advice would be to make the box the same length as shown, as this one works perfectly in all situations.

I use 2 recovery systems. "First", for gold only I use standard sloped expanded mesh. "Second", for all areas that have any possibility of containing Sapphires and gemstones with the gold I use Catwalk vertical sided mesh. NOTE: This requires regular sideways agitation to settle the gems through the gravel.... Both meshes are as per dimensions shown and are interchangeable. I highly recommend the cut out crate section be used with both recovery methods.

Hope the pics are clear enough for you and don't hesitate to ask any questions you may have before your project begins. All the best and hope this helps your build.....Cheers, Wal :)

Thanks for putting this up Wal, it should prevent a whole lot frustration from people trying to wing it.

Hey Wal I love your highbanker and I am currently building something very similar. I have one question though. I am thinking about putting a couple of riffles over the top of the bread crate section. Do you think this would help or hinder my box? Thanks mate
By the way you should go into production with these. I think you're onto a good thing :)

heavymetal said:
Hey Wal I love your highbanker and I am currently building something very similar. I have one question though. I am thinking about putting a couple of riffles over the top of the bread crate section. Do you think this would help or hinder my box? Thanks mate
By the way you should go into production with these. I think you're onto a good thing :)

If you put a horizontal riffle across the crate you will change the curved water flow principal and water speed over the crate. This will result in the crate clogging and won't work. If you want to run horizontal riffles, I would leave the crate out and run a set of " Clarkson Modified " riffles....Cheers Wal. :)

Wouldn't be too hard to draw up a simple set of plans and put them on the forum for others to work off.
Cheers
Brad...

aushunter said:
Wouldn't be too hard to draw up a simple set of plans and put them on the forum for others to work off.
Cheers
Brad...

Can't be much simpler than the pics shown Brad. There are many "other" high-banker plans out there and it's up to the individual prospectors to chose one that suits them best. If you would like any further questions answered that may seem "Vague" please send me a PM and I'll try to answer them for you..Cheers Wal, :)

hi wal, steven has got his high banker started, and was wondering where you get the expanded aluminium from? thanks :)

Hi Banksy, Is steven chasing Gold only or combining Gold And Sapphires....???? If it's gold only he can get some standard expanded from pretty well any Engineering shop. If he needs Catwalk mesh for Gold / Sapphires then send me a PM and i can get you some ....Cheers wal. ;)

thanks wal, steven was wondering before he goes any further, would you mind sometime doing a catch up, so he could show you what he has gotten done already. he is happy to come to you. I think he has gotten a little over excited.. :rolleyes: anyways.. :p

No probs Banksy...Just send me a PM and I'll give you my details, and I'm sure we can make enough time available to guarantee Steven doesn't stray off track....Cheers Wal. :)

Looks Fantastic Wal....pity we can't use it up here in Qld because we can't use any mechinacal device (pumps etc)...